Since our founding, Meadows & Ohly has created initiatives in response to the evolving healthcare climate of the time.
Jim Meadows and Carl Ohly establish Meadows & Ohly in Atlanta, GA.
Fee for service payments dominate. Entrepreneurial solo practitioners are the norm.
- Meadows & Ohly pioneers the limited partnership physician-ownership model in multi-tenant buildings.
Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG's) are introduced. Hospitals seek to attract physicians to their specific campuses.
- Meadows & Ohly delivers on-campus medical office buildings on a fee-only basis and expands property management services to support hospital-owned facilities.
Managed care structures and HMOs join the market. Stark I & II pass.
- Meadows & Ohly ensures transactions between physicians and hospitals are at fair market value.
- Meadows & Ohly reinvigorates physician medical office building ownership on hospital campuses.
Compliance became the focus. Physician-practice model shifts to larger groups. Diagnostics and surgery services moved to outpatient environment.
- Meadows & Ohly expands delivery of outpatient and diagnostic surgery centers within medical office building setting.
- Meadows & Ohly leverages its lease advisory expertise to guide providers in complex alignment strategies.
Affordable Care Act sets stage for uncertainty. Consolidation on the rise. Cost reduction becomes critical.
- Meadows & Ohly expands advisory practice.
- Meadows & Ohly leads with cost reduction and asset optimization strategies.