Interested in joining Meadows & Ohly?
Job Title: Lease Administrator/Analyst (Atlanta)
Responsible for ensuring all lease information is input accurately into the Property Management software, performing various accounting and financial related functions involving leases and providing support to the Lease Advisory Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comprehend and abstract real estate lease documents, summarizing all key financial and non-financial related covenants.
- Ensure all critical lease data is captured and entered accurately into property management database including tenant billing information, lease dates, square footage, recurring charges, lease options, special stipulations, etc.
- Pro-actively track and manage critical dates within a lease.
- Interact and communicate professionally with other real estate team members regarding lease administration issues and/or database issues.
- Review recovery clauses; calculate actual recovery expenses for each tenant and review caps, base years, gross-up language, pro-rata share definitions and non-standard exclusions.
- Prepare monthly rent rolls and reconcile rent variances for Lease Advisory clients.
- Verify percentage rent calculations.
- Reconcile and conduct annual audits of Rent, Common Area Maintenance (CAM), Operating Expenses, Taxes and Insurance; Report audit findings and recommend actions including any billing adjustments.
- Coordinate with Property Managers for the timely submission of tenant acceptance or surrender forms and other lease updates.
- Notify Property Managers of expiring leases prior to running monthly lease expiration reports.
- Prepare tenant rent schedules.
- Review client invoices in conjunction with lease requirements for accuracy and ensure proper back-up documentation is provided.
- Analyze tenant accounts with outstanding balances and work with Property Managers, tenants and landlords to resolve billing disputes and prevent future discrepancies from occurring.
- Prepare twelve month and five-year rental income/expense projections; Assist with annual budget including estimated tenant passthrough charges.
- Review and maintain Consumer Price Index tables and process annual CPI rent escalations.
- Calculate leasing commissions and brokerage fees.
- Prepare rent expense allocations involving multiple cost centers and calculate prorated rent.
- Compose a variety of correspondence; review finished materials for thoroughness, accuracy, format and grammar.
- Maintain lease files, abstracts, and support.
- Schedule electronic delivery of tenant invoices each month using PM database.
- Request W-9’s from 3rd party landlords and update vendor remit to addresses.
- Summarize 1099 rent payments for Lease Advisory clients.
- Update monthly changes to tenant improvement allowances.
- Request information from clients including new department codes, work order approvals, etc.
- Code and enter A/P invoices for Lease Advisory assignments.
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Participate in monthly client meetings.
- Assist with Department business plans.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, think critically, and take ownership of job tasks.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Advanced understanding of complex real estate lease terminology.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Real Estate.
- 2+ years of experience working in Real Estate preferred.
Job Title: Property Manager (Atlanta)
The individual in this position is responsible for the leadership and management of all aspects of a medical office building portfolio consisting of multiple properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with tenants.
- Lead building management staff in a manner that results in high tenant satisfaction and retention.
- Anticipate and respond to property owner’s needs and concerns.
- Perform regular inspections of the property. Recommend and direct alterations, maintenance and reconditioning of the property as required.
- Develop, manage, and understand the annual operating budgets, forecasts, monthly performance reports, variance analyses, occupancy and other reports for each property, as required by owner.
- Oversee the collection of rent, payment of expenses, compliance with lease terms and preparation of all required legal notices. Recommend and coordinate legal action as necessary.
- Oversee and approve the calculation of special billings.
- Develop and manage the property-marketing plan including but not limited to tenant relations, community outreach, and advertising to maintain building occupancy.
- Perform leasing sales calls, conduct meetings with prospective tenants (during normal hours and after hours) and negotiating lease provisions.
- Procure and manage vendor service contracts. Ensure proper contract performance, as well as timely review and payment of vendor invoices.
- Lead annual building management staff performance reviews. Help guide and direct future career development.
- Lead and manage tenant improvement construction including developing design documents with tenant and architect, identifying appropriate general contracts, conducting a bid evaluation process and supervising the project.
- Oversee and manage tenant move-in and move-out process.
- Oversee and manage the preventive maintenance programs.
- Provide leadership and support to building management team.
- Develop, review and maintain life safety programs for each property.
- Develop and oversee the planning, budgeting and implementation of capital expenditures needs.
- Conduct and maintain positive relationships with industry, government and vendor representatives as necessary in the successful management of the property.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents and contracts.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret lease and other real estate documents.
- Ability to forecast and prepare budgets.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate others.
- Ability to respond to sensitive issues, complex inquires or complaints from clients, co-workers, supervisor and management.
- Ability to make effective presentations to a client, prospective client, or internal staff.
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to manage design, construction, and other professionals on tenant improvement and capital projects.
- Ability to negotiate effectively and respectfully.
- Bachelors’ degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Active Georgia Real Estate Salesperson’s license is required. If individual does not have a valid Real Estate license, it must be procured within six (6) months of hire date.
- Must have reliable transportation and hold a valid driver’s license.
- Successfully pass a criminal and credit background check.